Erin Weed's Blog

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas Re-Cap

Yesterday I returned from a whirlwind Christmast extravaganza. Last Thursday I flew to Chicago to spend some quality time with my friends and family. This has been such an insane year that I can't remember the last time I visited just for fun. (There was always a GFB related event going on...) Clearly in '07 I'll do a better job of hangin' with my peeps. Anywho, after a 5 hour flight delay I finally got into O'Hare. Had a total blast over the 4 day visit, and I especially loved chillin' with my little niece, Haylee. How cute is she?

On Christmas Day I woke up at 6am to catch a flight to meet up with my hubby at his parents place in Florida. Flying on Christmas is really low key. However, I flew into a tornado warning while landing and thought we were all goners. (Top 3 scariest landings in Weed Travel History...very impressive. We had a few screamers. You know, those people that scream during the massive bumps, "We're all gonna die!!!" And then someone else yells back, "Shut up!!!!" Very unnerving.) But all ended well, and I had a lovely visit at the in-laws. As I have mentioned in the past, my mom-in-law has breast cancer. She is in the midst of chemotherapy right now and doing well. She tells me that when she gets the chemo, she envisions little people with swords wearing Girls Fight Back t-shirts kicking some serious cancer ass. Now that's what I call some positive visualization!

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home