Erin Weed's Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

University of Texas - El Paso, TX


Tonight was so much fun. For the first time ever, I flew today to El Paso, Texas. In true frequent traveler form, I got on the plane and didn't know exactly what area of Texas I was flying into. I mean, Texas is practically its own country. (and it seems like those wild n' crazy Texans think so too!) Anyway, when I got off the plane I found out it was in the very corner of the state, right next to both Arizona and Mexico. Man, I could go for a relaxing trip to Mexico right about now...mmmmargaritas!

But anywho, back to University of Texas. I was a little thrown off when I walked into the student union and was greeted by a guy who seemed to know exactly who I was. I figured he was on the planning committee, the way he shook my hand and smiled at me. (My clients have usually seen my picture before I arrive, so they usually know who I am but I don't know who they are. So I'm accustomed to this sort of thing.) So imagine my surprise when they guy says, "You're the carrot cake salesperson, right?" I was like, "Um, no." My job has lots of titles, but a seller of carrot cake is not one of them. He walked away, looking pretty honked off. I looked around for the candid camera crew. Random.

The GFB program went off quite well, and a big thanks to both Tonya and my Scary Bad Guy Ray. Thanks to all my new friends for the coffee mug, shirts and cool poster!

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home