Erin Weed's Blog

Thursday, October 11, 2007

SUNY New Paltz - New Paltz, NY


This crowd was such a hoot! And I was thankful for their abounding energy, because frankly, I was running low on it. Yesterday I drove six hours north after speaking at the high school to get to New York. I got off the highway at exit 17 off the NYS Thruway since it was the exit for my hotel. And I could SEE the hotel from the highway, but for the life of me could not figure out how to get to it! Isn't that crazy? When you can see a large building but have no idea how to actually arrive there? Kinda makes you want to hop curbs and drive through fields. I felt like I was living back in New Jersey again...

So back to my story. The crowd at New Paltz was fantastic, and I met some really cool people. I was doing the "How to be a Bad Victim" program to both men and women, and they were all so great. I got some really nice Facebook messages afterwards. I especially love the complements from guys. They usually start out with, "I thought you were gonna suck, but I was pleasantly surprised." I find this honesty very refreshing. And it's always encouraging to know that you don't suck, isn't it?

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home