Erin Weed's Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

U of U - Salt Lake City, UT


If you want to go to a pretty place, check out Salt Lake City. It reminds me of being in Boulder, CO with the rolling mountains and gorgeous skies. Last night I spoke at the school simply referred to as "The U." Met some amazing gals, even if it was a small gathering. But it was great to be there...thanks for coming out!

Today I flew back to Denver, and made sure not to tell my mom about it. She's a nervous wreck as it is, with the extreme amount of flying I do. But to fly on September 11th? Forget about it. She'd freak. So I just don't tell her.

Not many people know this, but I used to commute into the World Trade Center every day 'till the towers fell. At the time, I was in the beginning stages of getting GFB off the ground, and had a temp job at Miramax Films in NYC. It was just a few blocks walk from the World Trade Center. The day of the attacks, I was running late for work because I was picking up GFB t-shirts at the printer...seems like so many people have a good story for missing "being there." I wish more people were running late for work...

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home