Erin Weed's Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Sicko

The body is a funny thing, and I'm constantly amazed by it. Somehow, it knows the exact convenient time to make me dysfunctionally ill. I was on the road for the past few weeks, and yesterday I returned from Florida. Then BAM! Sick as a leper. Can't move anything but my thumb on the remote control.

I think this is nature's way of telling us, "Slow the hell down, or I'll do it for you!" Thanks for the reminder, you resilient body. I'm taking a break from work and this bloggy for a few days so I can catch up on mindless television while I recover.

I did see Michael Moore on Oprah, about his movie Sicko. Think what you will about him, but he posed a very interesting question: Does everyone, regardless of income, deserve quick and top notch healthcare?

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home