Erin Weed's Blog

Monday, August 27, 2007

Weed 6 Productions


Don't laugh. This license plate is real. When I was in high school, my dad thought it would be clever to get this license plate for my car. His reasoning? Our last name was Weed, and we had six people in our nuclear family. I didn't think it was a good idea, with all the marijuana connotations. Like I suspected, I was a target for every cop in Illinois trying to meet his ticket quota. I can't begin to count how many times I was pulled over while bearing this license plate on my white, 1991 Dodge Dynasty. (Which I nicknamed "The Die-Nasty.")

As many of you know, this summer we began the lengthy process of making Girls Fight Back an official non-profit organization. It will provide awesome safety & self-defense e-learning via our website (coming in September), fun/practical safety products at the online store, and free GFB seminars for women who need it. (i.e., rape crisis centers, inner city high schools, etc.) It's gonna rock like spock.

But as many of you know, I personally have a lot of stuff besides GFB going on. I'm a writer, a blogger, a speaker, a video producer, an entrepreneur and have recently become obsessed with getting a radio show about women's empowerment issues. As I am beginning to turn GFB over to the leadership of the Advisory Board and volunteers, clearly I would need another pursuit. What could it be called?

Literally, I have kept this license plate with me everywhere I have lived, and always hung it above my office door. So when we were deciding what my new production company would be called, Peter (my hubby) was standing in the doorway and simply looked up. And it was done. Weed 6 Productions.

Stay tuned for some incredibly cool things to come...

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home