Erin Weed's Blog

Monday, August 13, 2007

Cubs & Canyons

My sister Lisa was in town this past weekend, (see us pictured above) so of course we hit the white water rapids. This time we conquered the Royal Gorge which is a canyon on the Arkansas River in Colorado. In some places, this crazy thing is 1200 feet high. We hit some class III and IV rapids that damn near flew me out of the boat. Awesome.

Sunday we went to a Cubs vs. Rockies game downtown Denver. I thought I was gonna be the only girl there wearing a Cubs hat, for sure. But as we're approaching the stadium, I kept seeing people with Cubs jerseys, tanks, hats, etc. To each of them, I held up the fist and said, "Go Cubs." To which they promptly responded (with raised fist), "Go Cubs." It's a Chicago thing...don't ask. Well we get inside the stadium and sit in some pretty awesome seats. I look around me, and everyone is in blue and red jerseys...GO CUBS! Seriously, I kept having to remind myself that I was not actually at Wrigley Field. I kinda felt bad for the Rockies with this crazy Cubs contingent in their home field, but then they creamed us 6 to 3 so I didn't feel bad anymore.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home