Erin Weed's Blog

Thursday, July 26, 2007

NWMAF - Dallas, TX

Last night I arrived in Dallas to be a speaker at the National Women's Martial Arts Federation conference. I was invited by my colleague in women's self-defense, Darla Bolon. This morning I spoke to about 50 women's self-defense professionals (speakers, instructors, etc.) about how to run and market a self-defense organization. We talked about websites and MySpace pages and the challenges of getting women to confront their own fears and sign up to take a class. I've met some great allies in the industry of keeping women safer, and I'm looking forward to doing some intensive training over the next few days. I'm especially looking forward to doing some mad jiu jitsu on Saturday...pics coming soon.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home