Erin Weed's Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Danskin Tri

A lot of people have been asking me about the triathlon I'm currently training for, so I thought I'd just share with the group. Every year, I try to do one triathlon. I believe it's the official sport for people with A.D.D. (like myself) Swim a little. Get bored. Jump out of water and run to bike. Ride for a little bit. Get bored. Jump off bike and start running. Get bored. See the finish line and make a dash for it because you know there are donuts at the end. Yeah, that's triathlon and I simply adore it. Above is a pic of me from the tri I did last year at Sandy Hook, NJ. I was incredibly freaked out, because the swim portion was in the ocean which was flooded with jelly fish. They are my nemesis. (See the pic I took below. Isn't it scary?)

But this year I'm doing the Danskin Tri in Denver, so I'm gonna take a good guess in saying that I won't have to deal with jelly fish. It's a half mile swim, 12 mile bike and a 5k run. Challenging, but not deadly. Between training for the tri and doing all my Krav Maga, the daily task of getting out of bed and walking to the bathroom has become a grisly, painful ordeal. But a quick stretch and an offensively strong cup o' coffee gets me back in action. Today I did my first ever Spin class. Later this afternoon, I picked up my bike from getting tuned up at the local bike shop. I hopped in the saddle and nearly screamed in pain. Holy crotch distress....I had no idea how much that Spin class destroyed me until that moment. Quite shocking, actually.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home