Erin Weed's Blog

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Utica College - Utica, NY

Last night I spoke to one of the most energetic and hilarious crowds of all time at Utica College. Getting there was a bit of a nail-biter, as the weather sucked pretty much everywhere and there was major road construction between Syracuse (where I flew into) and Utica. (40 miles away) But I ended up making it in time, welcomed by students and Greek advisor, Tennille. They had pre-ordered books and wanted autographs before the program even started! We had an awesome time, and I really connected with a few of these students who had some pretty horrific stories of their own. Overall, just a great program. One girl wrote on my Facebook wall saying she and her friends agreed I was the female version of Dane Cook. I love that man! Maybe he and I should tour together...he'd be a great Scary Bad Guy, no?

The Utica gang gave me the coolest pink hoodie sweatshirt with "Utica College" on it. I wore it flying back to Denver today and you'd be amazed how many people stopped me to say they were from upstate New York. I had no idea it was such a hot spot. See me with my new Utica friends pictured above.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home