Erin Weed's Blog

Saturday, March 31, 2007

2007 Instructor Training

Since January 2002, I have traveled the nation on a full-time basis giving the 90 minute Girls Fight Back program at junior highs, high schools, universities, associations, women's groups and Fortune 500 companies. With each passing year, the demand has increased and so has the enthusiasm about GFB. Over the past year, I have realized that one person alone will no longer be able to satisfy the demand, and I knew it was time to train others. This took awhile to come to grips with emotionally, as I have strong attachments to the program in addition to being a die-hard perfectionist. It took a certain level of letting go to even be able to consider someone else doing my GFB thang.

But I am ready now, and so is GFB. It's time to grow and branch out. We also have decided to specialize solely in young women's safety and self-defense. (tweens, teens and college students) I recieve so many requests to speak at middle and high schools every week, so I figured the best way to start our growth is by training instructors to give the 90 minute GFB program in schools across the nation. Meanwhile, I will continue to give all GFB presentations at colleges and universities.

This August I will be holding the first-ever GFB Instructor Training Academy. The application process is open as of today, and all applications are due by May 31, 2007. We anticipate many applicants but will only be choosing about 10. If you are interested in applying to be one of the few and proud 2007 instructors, click here for more info and the application. Good luck!

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home