Erin Weed's Blog

Friday, November 03, 2006

Tellus Center - Boonton, NJ

Many of you probably don't know this, but I first began teaching the GFB program in a bar across the street from my apartment in Hoboken. I'd teach on Sunday afternoons, and the floors would be all sticky and nasty. (and this was AFTER they had been mopped...) The hardest part was always waking up the owner to let me inside the bar. (Obviously he kept some late hours, so I had to be that jerk constantly ringing his buzzer...) Now the reason I'm telling you this is because I think it's always important to go back to your roots. The past few weeks I have been speaking in some pretty large venues, having lots of Britney moments. But last night I spoke in a tiny church rec room to about 25 women in the Boonton, NJ area. It was nice to do some down-home ass-kickin'.

The diversity from last night was awesome. In the same room we had high school gals, professional dancers, abuse survivors, artists and the occasional boy scout who would run through the room while I was speaking. Nice. They were all fabulous, and I hope they sign up for the weekend boot camp at my Hoboken studio in January. (See Calendar) Check out the pic of the gang above...it's blurry, but you get the idea.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home