Erin Weed's Blog

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Teens Fight Back!

So my book, Girls Fight Back! The College Girl's Guide to Protecting Herself, has only been out for a little over 2 months...and the itch has begun again to write...

Yesterday on the plane ride home from California I began my next book, to be released in September 2007. It's called: Teens Fight Back! The Teen Girl's Guide to Protecting Herself. I plan to write many safety books for women in all stages of their lives, but I felt teens were the next obvious group. The sad fact is that in many cases, the girls I speak to in college already have a terrible story to tell. It makes the optimist in me dream a little bit...what if teens knew how to protect themselves BEFORE they went to college?

I also think that Teens Fight Back will be a great tribute to Shannon. As many of you know, her plan after graduating was to become a high school physical eduation teacher and track coach. I am quite certain all the terrible situations facing teens would have really concerned her.

So while most normal people are getting to work putting up Christmas decor, I'm sitting down at my laptop...and really having fun doing it. Love my teen girl friends, and I can't wait to give this book to them as a guide through some pretty tough years.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home