Erin Weed's Blog

Friday, October 13, 2006

Dulles is a Downer

Today I was up at 5:30 am to catch a flight to D.C. so I could catch a connecting flight back to New Jersey. Despite it being a toal monsoon in New Orleans, we took off on time, and all was well. Got to Dulles International in D.C. and boarded my connecting flight. Since the flying time was only an hour, I was really psyched to get home and see my hubby and pug. Fast forward 3 and a half hours, and I was STILL sitting on the plane...on the tarmack. Finally we ran out of fuel sitting out there, and had to come back to the gate. I sat there for another hour, and then re-boarded. This time we actually left...and I got home about 6 hours late. But such are the joys of travel...I'm glad to be home for a well-deserved weekend of relaxation. Hopefully I won't have to connect through D.C. again anytime soon...damn you, Dulles!

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home