Erin Weed's Blog

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Miami Ohio - Oxford, OH

Today I drove four hours from Charleston to Oxford, OH to speak at Miami of Ohio University. As I pulled into the parking lot of the student union, I saw this awesome banner outside strung between the trees!


When I got inside, I was greeted by a mob of peer educators wearing pink shirts. On the front they said my tagline, "Strong. Resilient. Spirited. Unified." On the back was another one of my mottos, "Because fighting like a girl is actually a very good thing..." How fun is that?!


It was a great program and very well attended by a wide assortment of peeps. There were Alpha Phis, teen girls, professors, guys and curious students. Great crowd! And afterwards the peer educators had a dinner reception for me, and gave me a big bag of MU goodies. Thanks so much for the hospitality, my Ohio people. After the reception I drove an hour to the Cincinnati airport. Now I'll grab about 4 hours of sleep before catching an early flight to Boston tomorrow...

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home