Erin Weed's Blog

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Baylor University - Waco, TX

Today I flew from Cincinnati to Waco, Texas on one of the most vintage, Vietnam War Era planes I've ever stepped foot on. You board and just hope you're living a good life....you know what I mean? Finally got here, and I've never been to Waco before. I recalled that I had left some of my toiletries in the hotel bathroom in Ohio, so I hit up the local Wal-Mart to re-stock. It was in this Wal-Mart parking lot where I saw probably the creepiest van in existence. For any of you who have seen me speak, you know I'm really into scoping out creepy vans. This one took the cake, since it was the only one I've ever seen with an air conditioning unit actually mounted into one of the windows. Unbelievable. Of course I whipped out my camera and everyone in the parking lot was watching me take pictures of this spooky van. It was a little awkward, but I couldn't resist. Here it is...


Fast forward a few hours to my visit to Baylor! Wow, what a fantastic crowd! I was able to find my way from the parking garage to the program venue because there were packs of women with blue and brown t-shirts with Girls Fight Back on them. I just followed the herds. This program was organized by my homegirl Sarah, who put so much into the details of a truly superb event. My Scary Bad Guy was an awesome dude named Trey, and we taught the 100+ women all about the importance of hitting someone in the face BEFORE the groin. Then it was time to start chucking free book tour t-shirts into the crowd. I felt so bad, because I totally nailed this one girl in the face who wasn't looking. Good thing it wasn't any other object but a shirt...that could have caused some liabililty issues.
I was given flowers and a card by Sarah (See me and Sarah above) and all her sorority sisters. I opened the card when I got home (home=hotel these days), expecting just a note from her thanking me for my visit. Instead, I saw probably a hundred little notes from all the people who were there tonight! I got teary. Thanks so much to everyone who made tonight so incredibly special and fun.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home