Erin Weed's Blog

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

College Police Conference

All day today and yesterday I've been at the College and University Police and Investigators Conference held at George Mason University in Manassas, VA. This is the first conference of its kind, and I honestly didn't know what to expect. But I'm happy to say that it was so impressive! Detectives Millan and Bacigalupi among others really put together a great thing. I met many great campus investigators, police chiefs, the president of the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators, and many experts in the field of terrorism, sexual assault and kinesics. My favorite breakout session was conducted by Rafi Ron, the former Director of Security at Tel Aviv Airport in Israel. He spoke about aviation security, and what we can do to thwart attacks. Awesome stuff. Read a fascinating interview with Rafi by clicking here. Overall, it was just an awesome conference and I can't wait to go back next year. Look for tomorrows blog entry where I'll post my interview on NBC News, who came to visit the conference.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home