Erin Weed's Blog

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Big night

Tonight was monumental. It was the first session of the 12-hour GFB Challenge class, which takes place over 4 evenings. For the past 5 years I have trained with all sorts of martial arts, fighting styles, military peeps and real-world bad asses. The curriculum I wrote for the GFB Challenge combines the very best of them all, along with long discussions with my friend and co-instructor Kevin Lockwood. (See pic of us above, taken last Feb. when I spoke at Seton Hall University.) Last night we covered strikes and stranding kicks, as well as the fighting stance and blocks. These women came in a little timid, and left with a whole new perspective on what they are truly capable of. For me, the best part of teaching this stuff is watching my students' faces once they realize they are indeed DANGEROUS! Can't wait 'till class two when we take the party to the ground...stay tuned.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home