Erin Weed's Blog

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Nasty Subway Action

I was recently speaking with a friend who was a cop for many years. I was telling him about the overwhelming amount of email I receive from women who have been flashed, rubbed up on or ejaculated upon in some sort of mass trasit. (Bus, train, subway, etc.) He didn't quite understand why women felt victimized by this...and upon thinking about it, I'm not totally sure why we are either. Maybe it's the loss of control, or just the shock of the lewd act...but nearly every woman has a story about it. Finally, people and the media are starting to give it the proper attention it deserves. Recently I saw a news story on TV about a girl who snapped a shot of a guy masturbating on the train, and proceeded to circulate it across the internet. (The sicko got caught because of this.) There are so many ways we can fight back against all the gross, violating stuff people think they have a right to do to you. The article below was sent to me by a student that came through the Hoboken studio a few weeks ago...thanks for bringing it to my attention! :)

Read The New York Times article

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home