Erin Weed's Blog

Monday, June 12, 2006

5 years

Today is June 12, exactly 5 years from the day Shannon McNamara was murdered. It was the day her life ended senselessly, and so many other lives were changed forever...mine included.

All day today I've been packing, autographing and shipping out the book pre-orders. It's such a full-circle day, for me to be sending out the book exactly 5 years after Shannon's death. Tonight I will be giving a one hour class on the Hoboken waterfront, with the New York skyline behind me. It is the same area of Hoboken where I was jogging 5 years ago, and first had the idea to start GFB.

Recently I was chatting with Cindy, Shannon's mom. I was telling her about all the wild stuff happening with the studio and the book. She said to me, "I'm taking this as a sign that Shannon wants us to be celebrating now, not grieving."

I couldn't agree more.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home