Erin Weed's Blog

Friday, May 19, 2006

Chicken Soup

Yesterday I had the chance to meet an author and entrepreneur whom I really respect. Enter Mark Victor Hansen, co-author of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series. Mark is a great guy, and I had the chance to hang with him at an event during the Book Expo. I told him about my book that's coming out, The College Girl's Guide to Protecting Herself, and we talked about violence against women in today's society. Then he asked if I talk about self-defense techniques in the book, and I explained I'll be putting out a DVD late this summer which will cover the moves. (The can o' whoop-ass chapter in the book mostly gives tips and theories behind the techniques.) In an unexpected turn in the conversation, Mark Victor Hansen then proceeded to grab my wrists and challenge me out of a wrist grab. Who woulda thought the Chicken Soup guy would be into that sort of thing! It was great meeting him. He's a wonderful, inspirational person and I plan to use his model of putting out LOTS of books that help and inspire LOTS of people.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home