Erin Weed's Blog

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Unwritten

I was watching the Ellen DeGeneres Show the other day, and the musical guest was Natasha Bedingfield. She's from England, and super cute with an amazing voice. Anyway, she sang this song called "Unwritten" and I found myself being torn between dancing on the couch or busting out into a "happy cry." Definitely one of those "What the hell is my problem" kind of moments.

Seriously, I was moved. Perhaps it's because I'm in the last 24 hours of writing my final manuscript for the book, and my neurons are toast. I've been sitting in Panera Bread for almost 8 hours now, and I've vowed to finish the second to last chapter before leaving. At 10pm I might get removed by Panera security. That could be funny to watch.

Anyway, here are the great lyrics to Natasha's song...perhaps it applies to something you need to do in this life...

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin

No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home