Erin Weed's Blog

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Funky Last Names

Last night I was in Portales, New Mexico speaking at Eastern New Mexico State University. Portales a quite an interesting place, and you have to work pretty hard to get there. (2 airplane rides and then a 2 hour drive) But it's always worth it, because the people there are awesome.

During my program I was telling the crowd that my last name is Weed. In college, it pretty much served as my first name. And before you come up with a good weed joke, I can assure you there's no lap slapper I haven't heard yet. I used to get so many prank calls about my name that often times I'd just take the phone off the hook.

After the program was over, a girl came up to me and said, "I just want to tell you that I know exactly what you've gone through." I wasn't exactly sure where she was going with this until she said, "My last name is Beer."

Hilarious.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home