Erin Weed's Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Art of Procrastination

As you may already know, I am currently finishing my first book called Girls Fight Back: The College Girl's Guide to Protecting Herself. Let me tell you this...writing a book is the hardest thing I've ever done. It requires many hours sitting in front of a computer, and my chronic attention deficit disorder doesn't care for that very much.

But alas, on March 1st I will have turned in the final manuscript to my college student review committee. Soon after, it goes to editing and then to print. Pre-orders should be available come April, and this Fall I'm doing a nationwide media tour.

But getting to this point has given me a good amount of obstacles, mostly of my own creation. I am an extremely gifted procrastinator. It's amazing the tasks one finds themselves doing when attempting to avoid something else. My usual procrastinatory habits involve looking at real estate online or blogging. Yesterday, however, I hit a new low. I cleaned and organized the silverware drawer in my kitchen. I've hit rock bottom.

Just a few days left 'till the deadline, so I better get back to work. (Or maybe I should alphabetize my CD collection...)

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home