Erin Weed's Blog

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

2006: Bring it on!

Happy new year, everyone! Hope you enjoyed a glutinous holiday season, but now it's time to get back on the wagon. So what's in store for GFB in 2006? Quite a few things, actually. This year marks our fourth year kickin' ass from coast to coast, and you can be assured that we're just getting this party started. I'll be honest - prior to this year, I've never really had a business plan. (A big no-no in the business start-up world.) After Shannon was killed in June 2001, I just went into action without thinking twice. Within months of becoming a certified instructor, I was traveling like a mad woman and just trying to stay on top of the demand for GFB programs. (Which by the way, I'm STILL not on top of...I get more requests now than ever before.)

But this year, my staff sat down to develop a strategic plan. We have several major areas we'll be focusing on. #1 is speaking engagements. My programs are the core of what goes down here at GFB, and I am shooting to give more self-defense programs than ever. #2 is my book. It comes out in the Fall, and I just signed a national distribution agreement. (Which means it will be in bookstores across the nation.) #3 is www.shopGFB.com. We are working to develop great products to make available to women for a low cost.

In the midst of all this, I have some very cool training lined up. I am going to start Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and boxing this month, as well as going through the R.A.D. Instructor Training Program. In May, I will be training with world renowned self-defense expert Tony Blauer. From what I understand, it's a training experience like no other. Tony brings new meaning to "can o' whoop-ass."

So yes, it's going to be a busy and AWESOME year. My personal New Year's Resolution is to learn acoustic guitar. So far it's going fabulously. Maybe I'll be a rocker chick someday...

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home