Erin Weed's Blog

Friday, October 14, 2005

Tempe Travels

This week I flew to Phoenix to speak at Arizona State University. When I got off the airplane, I proceeded to Enterprise Rent A Car to get my wheels. Of course, I had to hop on the rental car bus to get to the lot.

So my driver was by far, the most friendly, happy rental car bus driver person I've ever experienced. Normally people in that line of work aren't too personable, but my driver Aviella, was pshyched to be alive! She was the kind of person who if I had a bad day, I probably would have hated her and her extreme jolliness. But since it was a good day, I thought she was awesome.

So I said to her, "Aviella, I travel a lot, and I have to tell you that you're the nicest, most friendly rental car bus driver I've ever met." Her response to me was this. "Well Erin, whatever is in your heart comes out of your mouth."

I think she pretty much summed up what I do for a living. Teaching women and girls to be safe and strong is really in my heart. I guess it's only natural I'm a speaker on the topic. So a big thank you to the 700 ASU rock stars who came to see me Tuesday. An extra special thanks to my sisters, the Alpha Phi's. (See photo of me and the A-Phi exec board)

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home