Erin Weed's Blog

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Ay, Red Eye


This week has been filled with mad travel. Saturday I flew to Los Angeles and spoke at the University of Southern California on Sunday afternoon. We had a great time, and it was my favorite kind of crowd. These girls had just gone through sorority initiation, were exhausted and a bit resentful to be forced to attend my program. But by the end of the program these tired young women were throwing palm strikes and eye jabs like champs. Yeah! (See pic of myself, event organizer Beth, and male assailant Jordan. Thanks guys!)

I caught a red eye flight to Toledo, OH that night. Monday evening I spoke at University of Toledo, sponsored by Alpha Chi Omega. The program went really well, and during the groundfighting part, this tiny girl (maybe 8 or 9 years old...must have been a daughter of someone in attendance) confidently busted out of a foot grab using my patented "steamroller" technique. I think it really inspired everyone to see this kid demonstrate such calm and control.

After the program at UT, a bubbly gorgeous college girl came up to me. She said, "As a rape survivor, I just want to thank you for your empowering message. Keep up the great work."

Damn, I love my job.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home