Erin Weed's Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Indy

This week I had the awesome opportunity to return to Franklin College in Franklin, Indiana to give the Girls Fight Back program to about 200 gals. The last time I was there was fall of 2002, and it was great to be back. The program went really well, and as you can see in the photo, some people stuck around to demo their fave self-defense move for the camera. Rock on, Indy!

So this past weekend my husband and I drove to the site of my upcoming triathlon that takes place on Sunday. It’s a .5 mile swim in the Atlantic Ocean, an 11 mile bike ride and then a 5K run. (3.1 miles) So I’ve been training for awhile, and felt confident, but thought it would be a good idea to check out the race site. I’m not scared of swimming in the ocean, so I didn’t think it would be an issue. But what I hadn’t counted on were jellyfish! Seriously, jellyfish are my nemesis. They really freak me out...and they were everywhere floating in the ocean. I was like, “Oh man, what have I gotten myself into?” So it’s getting down to zero hour...four days ‘till I swim with the jellies! Wish me luck...or even better, donate to the cause I’m competing for. (See Sept. 8 blog entry for details)

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home