Erin Weed's Blog

Saturday, August 27, 2005

OK to the OC

This past week took me on a trip to Oklahoma City to speak at the University of Central Oklahoma for the third year in a row. People from Oklahoma are so enthusiastic and fun. (Photo includes me and the event organizers, Emily and Brooke-great gals!) I had about 100 girls in attendance Tuesday night, and man, they were what I call a WWF kind of crowd. They’re the women who collectively love doing moves like head-butts and elbow strikes to the back of the head. You know the type. Anyway, I had a great male assistant named Clint, who early on stated he had no fear of me. (Sometimes the guys are terrified...but they usually just want to be assured that I’m not going to haul into a spontaneous groin strike.) After I finished presenting, I scanned the room to look for him to publicly say thank you, but he had vanished! I later found out that he desperately needed a cigarette. So wherever you are Clint, thanks for helping to teach the ladies at UCOK to fight back. While in Oklahoma, I made a discovery that has changed my life as I know it. Whataburger! Have you ever had a cheeseburger from Whataburger? They are amazing! I’d say the only better fast food burger I’ve ever partaken in would have to be In-and-Out Burger, mostly found out West. Speaking of the West, I jetted off to the O.C. (Orange County, California) on Wednesday for the annual conference of the Association of Threat Assessment Professionals. Sounds like fun, huh? For me, it was. It’s not everyday that I have the opportunity to hang out with other intense people like me who spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about how to prevent rape, murder, stalking and violence. Most people who attended the conference belonged to some sector of law enforcement or professional security...which is why I found it to be a bit odd for this particular conference to be held at the Disneyland Hotel. Go figure.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home